Contact

Scottie Laughon
540-793-3982

TheShopKeeper@TheShopKeepersHouse.com

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's Official! I'm a Football Mom, Too!

Today is a Banner Day in my household! It can't get much better than this!
One child a Freshman in college, another a Freshman in high school. My big fish in their little ponds have now been dumped into bigger ponds! AND my baby played in his first official High School football game!
The youngest of my three children, the smallest of my babies ... the little boy who barely weighed 7 pounds and whose little bitty legs looked like twigs when he was born has grown into a 260-pound Defensive Tackle with a size 12 shoe that any Football Mom would be proud to call her own!
We put a football helmet and pads on this child at six years old, and he has played with all his heart ever since. The game has not always been his friend ... he has been discouraged and disgruntled at times, but he always comes back to it. And that kind of perseverence can only be explained by a genuine love of the game!
Oh, and he's a pretty good kid, too!

1 comment:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

There's a very proud Mum if ever I heard one....Go baby Urban Cottage Designs !!!!!! XXXX