Contact

Scottie Laughon
540-793-3982

TheShopKeeper@TheShopKeepersHouse.com

Sunday, January 6, 2008

:: Kitchen Pictures ::

My primitive kitchen BEFORE! I loved all of my kitchen collectibles ... my baskets and crocks and old jars with cinnamon sticks and whole cloves, displayed in my old hoosier cabinet . . . oh my! The distressed red paint is still a popular choice of my customers today ... but I needed a change! This is my cottage kitchen TODAY ... well, as of the summer of 2005. Hubby and I dressed up the cabinet door fronts with decorative moulding, crown moulding to the ceiling, brushed nickel hardware and gloss white paint. We replaced the drop-tile ceiling with 'rock and plaster, and I painted the worn-out wooden floors with a cottagy green gloss paint ... which will eventually run throughout the entire house ...

:: please don't notice the convection oven damage ... I will repaint the cabinets eventually :/ ::

more to follow!

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hi Scottie, i wanna see more pics of the folk art painted cabinets! LOL! Rosemary

Custom Cabinet Finishes said...

Hey, Rosemary ~ BUUTTT I painted over them LOL ... I'll look thru my photographs and see if I can find some ...

Thanks a bunch!! :)

Scottie

Sondra said...

OH how I love your kitchen!!!!! Now I'm wanting to paint mine up like your before pic... Your entire blog is such an inspiration, and this urban homemaker NEEDS the inspiration! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

j said...

I am a nut for color and clutter like you were but for a different reason. We rented for so long that I had no choice but to live with white walls. When we bought our home, I became a color nut! I do think your re-vamp looked great. Jennifer

Custom Cabinet Finishes said...

Hi, Sandy ~ thanks for your wonderful comments!!

The cabinets were freehand painted and thank goodness for primitive 'cause if you look real close, they looked like a kindergardener painted them ... which, I know, is the appeal of primitive ... I can share the how-to's if you're interested ...

I have found your blog, and will post to you there, too ...

Thanks for posting!!

Scottie

Custom Cabinet Finishes said...

Hi, Jennifer! Thank you for posting!

I can relate to the white wall thing, too ... the reason my house became SOOOO primitive is because I am dealing with knotty pine panelling in two rooms that I have been forbidden to paint ... so I started painting MY furniture (because I could LOL!) to add SOME color to these otherwise drab rooms ...

but, alas, I've grown and matured, and don't listen to *them* as much as I used to, so now the panelling will be painted ...

more pictures to follow :)

Thanks for your post!! And good luck with your colors, too!!

Scottie